SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT

Peace in Palestine = Peace in the World

ADVERTISEMENT

SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT

Turkish PM Does Not ‘Approve’ Israeli Attack on Gaza

muhadjir - Tuesday, 23 August 2016 - 17:47 WIB

Tuesday, 23 August 2016 - 17:47 WIB

63 Views ㅤ

Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim.

Ankara, 20 Dzulqa’dah 1437/23 August 2016  (MINA) – Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim has reacted to the Israeli rocket attack in the blockaded Gaza Strip on Sunday, Anadolu reported.

In a news conference following a Council of Ministers meeting in Ankara on Monday, Yildirim said: “We want to clearly express that these attacks against civilians were not approved.”

“The normalization of our relations with Israel will never prevent, stop our stand for Palestinians’ justified cases and our common action with them,” added Yildirim.

Israeli warplanes launched airstrikes in the blockaded Gaza Strip on Sunday, shortly after a rocket was fired into southern Israel.

Also Read: US Airstrikes Target Multiple Locations in Yemen

On Sunday, the Israeli military said in a statement that a rocket hit the southern city of Sderot from the Palestinian territory.

“In response to the attack, the Israeli air forces and armored corps targeted two Hamas posts in southern Gaza Strip,” the statement said.

 

 

Also Read: Over Two Million Israelis Seek Shelter as Missiles are Launched from Yemen

Relations with Egypt

Yildirim also said that he looked to improve relations between Turkey and Egypt.

“We are on the side of improving our relations with Egypt,” said Yildirim.

“Egypt is a country whose culture, values are close to us, our people are brothers,” said Yildirim, adding that the conflicts between governments should not be reflected on the people.

Also Read: Israeli Airstrikes on Lebanon Kill Seven People, Despite Ceasefire

Yildirim’s remarks came after Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah al-Sisi’s statements on Sunday.

“There is no reason for animosity,” al-Sisi said in statements to Egypt’s three pro-government newspapers Sunday. “We gave them [Turkey] the time to reconsider their position,” he said.

Turkish-Egyptian relations deteriorated after the army led by al-Sisi ousted Mohamed Morsi, the country’s first freely elected president, in a 2013 coup.

 

Also Read: Hezbollah Denies Involvement in Rocket Fire on Israel, Reaffirms Ceasefire Commitment

 

Bloodshed in Syria

The Turkish prime minister also addressed the Syrian crisis.

“Syria is, unfortunately, losing its energy day by day with a civil war that has gone on for six years.”

Also Read: Houthi Launches Hypersonic Missile to Israel’s Ben Gurion Airport

Yildirim said that millions of people have been displaced across the war-battered country, and around 500,000 people lost their lives since early 2011.

“It is essential in Syria to stop the bloodshed by the coming together of all parties and to form an administration representative of all Syrians,” added Yildirim.

Yildirim summarized Turkey’s position on Syria’s future to three main positions: “Non-division of Syria, preservation of its territorial integrity, and the disallowance of a new reconstruction that provides an advantage to an ethnic group.”

Syria has been locked in a vicious civil war since early 2011, when the Bashar al-Assad regime cracked down on pro-democracy protests — which erupted as part of the “Arab Spring” uprisings — with unexpected ferocity.

Also Read: Houthi Missile Hits Tel Aviv, 13 Israeli Citizens Injured

Since then, more than a quarter of a million people have been killed and more than 10 million displaced across the country, according to the UN.

The Syrian Center for Policy Research, however, put the death toll from the six-year conflict at more than 470,000 people. (T/R07/R01)

Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA)

 

Also Read: Global Legal Coalition Launches Initiative to Hold Alleged Israeli War Criminals Accountable

 

 

Also Read: Yemeni Forces Target USS Harry S. Truman for Second Time within Hours

Recommendation for you

Victims of Israeli attacks on Gaza (photo: Anadolu Agency)
Indonesia
Palestine
Palestine
Palestine
Dr. Hussam Abu Safiya, director of the Kamal Adwan Hospital in northern Gaza (photo: Palinfo)
Palestine