Jakarta, 28 Shawwal 1463/13 August 2015 (MINA) – Indonesian President Joko Widodo (Jokowi) has decided to resuffle his 2014-2019 cabinet composition , Wednesday in Jakarta.
There are six (6) positions of ministers and ministerial-level officials are replaced, consisting of four (4) new comers and two figures were assigned in the new position. Cabinet reshuffle was carried out with some considerations as follows:
1. In response to the global economy that impact the economic situation in the country. The slowing down of global economy requires the speed in addressing the problems that occur in order to strengthen national economy and accelerate the development of priority programs. So, it requires a strong reliable and credible economic team.
2. The reshuffle also serves as a part of steps to improve managerial governance, strengthening synergies and coordination across ministries. It is a continuous effort to bring the government more professional and authoritative.
3. The reshuffle is a need for consolidation among government staffs, so that the effectiveness of the government in the future is expected to be better.
The President has considered all public input which is delivered directly to the President and is articulated through various channels of information and public communication.
Periodic evaluation of the cabinet will continue to be done to address the challenges and dynamics of the emerging government. The President strongly considers aspects of ability, experience, and professionalism.
The President hoped that this cabinet reshuffle could make the government run more effectively to accelerate the realization of national development priorities programs in order to improve people’s welfare.
Here are the names of the ministers and ministerial-level officials were sworn:
1. Coordinating Minister of Economic Affairs Darmin Nasution, replacing Sofyan Djalil
2. Coordinating Minister of maritime Rizal Ramli, replacing Indroyono Susilo
3. Coordinating Minister of Political, Legal and Security Luhut Binsar Panjaitan, replacing Tedjo Edhy Purdijatno.
4. The Minister of National Development Planning / Head of National Planning Sofyan Djalil replacing Andrinof Chaniago
5. Trade Minister Thomas T Lembong, replacing Rahmad Gobel
6. The Cabinet Secretary Pramono Agung Wibowo, replacing Andi Widjajanto
Jakarta, August 12, 2015
(Source: Communications Team President)