Ramallah, 15 Jumadal Akhir 1436/4 April 2015 (MINA) – The Israeli Occupation Authorities (IOA) renewed Friday (3/4) the administrative detention of two Palestinian detainees including an elderly man.
The Palestinian Prisoners Society (PPS) said that the administrative detention of the prisoner Omar Barghouthi, 62, has been renewed for two months for the third time in a row, Palestinian Information Center (PIC) quoted by Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA) as reporting.
Barghouthi was expected to be released on April 12; however, his detention has been renewed once again as an Israeli revengeful measure, the PPS charged.
The PPS declared intention to appeal against the renewed detention order as “it has no legal basis.”
The prisoner Barghouthi, from Ramallah, spent more than ten years in Israeli jails in separate arrests most recently was in June 2014.
The prisoner Ayman Atbesh’s administrative detention has been also extended for three months only one day before his expected release, family sources told Quds Press.
Atbesh, from al-Khalil, had earlier declared a hunger strike for 122 days in February 2014 protesting against his continued detention without trial or charge.
Meanwhile, units affiliated with the Israeli Prison Service (IPS) stormed Raymond prison and brutally attacked the prisoners amid heavy fire of tear gas bombs on Friday night.
Fatah and Jihad-affiliated prisoners were subjected to a violent attack as IPS jailers broke into their cells and imposed a number of punitive measures on them, the PPS elaborated.
The PPS pointed out that the night raid lasted for long hours and ended by Saturday morning. (T/P006/P3)
Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA)