Gaza, 2 Safar 1436/25 November 2014 (MINA) – The killing of a Palestinian in the north of the Gaza Strip by Israeli forces was a “dangerous” violation of the ceasefire agreement reached on August 26, Hamas said.
Hamas spokesman Sami Abu-Zuhri called on the international community to bear the responsibility for this “dangerous development” and the “Israeli crime”, Middle East Monitor (MEMO) quoted by Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA) as reporting, Tuesday.
Yesterday morning (24/11), Israeli forces killed the Palestinian Fadl Halawam, 32, in the north-eastern area of the Gaza borders.
In a statement, Israel said they fired warning shots in the area as a group of Palestinian youths were approaching the border.
“They [youths] did not turn back so we opened fire at them and one was hit in the leg,” the statement said.
They added that they would investigate the incident and take into account the Palestinian eyewitnesses’ statements.
This is the first such incident since the ceasefire agreement was reached in Cairo.
The agreement brought a 51-day Israeli war on the Gaza Strip to an end, during which more than 2,260 Palestinians had been killed and more than 11,000 others wounded. Tens of thousands of Palestinian houses were destroyed in the war.(T/P008/P3)
Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA)