Ramallah, 10 Ramadhan 1435/8 July, 2014 (MINA) – Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Palestine condemned, in a statement Monday, the ongoing Israeli occupation aggression against the Gaza Strip, which has so far resulted in the killing of dozens of Palestinians, the destruction of homes and the frightening of innocent people.
The ministry said Israel occupation’s “terrorist stream” is not limited to the killers of Jerusalemite Mohammad Abu-Khdeir – kidnapped, tortured and killed by Jewish settlers on July 2 – but is rather “rampant” inside the Israeli occupation community and works freely at all levels.
The ministry said such a terrorist stream enjoys support from many governmental departments and officials in Israel and is currently increasing due to “incitement campaigns” led by Israeli occupation military, political, security and partisan figures.
It considered the crime of killing Abu-Khdeir a litmus test for the Israeli occupation government in dealing with Jewish terrorism which endangers both the Israeli and Palestinian people, WAFA News Agency quoted by Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA) as reporting.
Meanwhile, the ministry called for marking the Jewish organizations of “Hilltop Youth,” “Price Tag” and similar groups as terrorist outlawed groups.
The ministry called upon the international community to promptly act to condemn the Israeli aggression against Gaza, which it considered an oppressive one that turns Gaza into “large prison,” and to act to stop it.
PLO Executive Committee member, Hanan Ashrawi, called Monday on the United Nations Security Council “to uphold its responsibilities in maintaining international peace and security throughout the world and to act immediately to put an end to further Israeli acts of excessive force and violence throughout the West Bank (including occupied East Jerusalem) and in Gaza.
She said “Israel must be held accountable for its flagrant violations of international law and vicious attacks and crimes against the Palestinians.”
This call to action came in response to Israel’s extrajudicial killing of nine Palestinians by Israeli airstrikes in Gaza overnight; the two Palestinian workers (Zahi Subi Abu Hamed from Qalqiliya and Anwar Astal from Tulkarem) who were run over and killed by a settler on the side of the road in Haifa; and the ongoing Israeli campaign of terror and aggression throughout the occupied Palestinian territory.
“We strongly denounce the targeting and killing of innocent Palestinian civilians, the repeated kidnapping of and violence against Palestinian children, and the countless arrests of Palestinian men, women and children,” said Ashrawi, adding: “such actions are the direct result of Israel’s willful attempts to expand its land grab and subjugation of the Palestinian people.”
“In addition, the number of incidents of Palestinians, including children, assaulted and run over by Israeli settlers has risen significantly, and Israel and its army have done very little to prevent further settler violence against Palestinians or to bring the settlers to justice.”
“Since Israel and its violent settler population continue to enjoy immunity for their actions time after time, we call on all members of the international community to act quickly and stop granting Israel a license to commit murder and terror.”
“Now is the time for the world to safeguard the rights of the Palestinian people and to bring Israel to adhere to its legal obligations and responsibilities as outlined in international law and conventions,” concluded Ashrawi. (T/P02/E01)
Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA)