Cileungsi, Bogor, MINA – Paying attention to the national situation ahead of Presidential and Legislative Elections simultaneously on April 17, 2019. Political situation is getting warm and communities tend to be divided into two side of the level of attitudes and even behavior.
As a religious obligation and for creating peace and preservation of national unity, Jama’ah Muslim (Hizbullah) conveyed the following advices:
1. Safe and peaceful situation in community life is a hope of all nation’s people. It is a gift from Allah Subhanahu wa Ta’ala. All citizens and government must do hard to realice such the life.
2. If in the election ahead, there are many hoax and slander news in the mass and social media which have high potential to become horizontal conflicts, the government and every citizens must together reduce them.
Do not let any parties that seeks personal or group profit, then it damage the safe and peaceful society. This was reminded by the Prophet ﷺ, “Stay away from lies because lies lead to evil and evil to drag (you) to hell” (Al Hadith)
3. Be vigilant and remain cautious to any provocation from those who hope for chaos in Indonesia, coming from both foreign agents or domestic political adventurers who want to get benefit from it.
4. We call on the Government of the Republic of Indonesia to remain steadfast in carrying out the constitutional mandate to strive to be neutral even though there are various parties who try to weaken it.
We support the Government in guarding unity of the nation and all security forces from the Indonesian Army, National Police and related elements to be fair, professional and responsible in carrying out their respective tasks.
5. To all participants / contestants of the General Election and their supporters, they are called upon to maintain the spirit of togetherness and brotherhood among fellow nationals. They also called for showing the height of manners and avoiding an arrogance, mocking and humiliating each others.
The humiliating attitude is a bad morality and it is forbidden by Allah Subhanahu wa Ta’ala: “O believers, do not let a group of men demean another group, may those who are laughed at better than them. And do not also a group of women demean other groups, may the lowered ones be better. and do not like to criticize yourself and do not call with a title containing ridicule. the worst call is (call) bad after faith. And those who do not repent are those who are wrongdoers “(Q.S. Al-Hujurat : 11).
6. To scholars, community leaders, religious leaders and scholars from various parties and institutions, we call to be more active in participating in creating a safe, and peaceful situation and inviting citizens to build maturity and alertness in the current situation.
7. Noble morality should not only be shown when the preparation and implementation of the 2019 General Election maintained but the final result is obtained. Should the winner be not complacent, boast and get drunk at the victory party.
Precisely, the victory was actually the beginning of suffering because it had to bear the burden of mandate and responsibility that was heavy in front of humans especially to Allah Subhanahu wa Ta’ala.
For those who lose, they should develop a positive, generous, constitutional attitude and continue the struggle to create a better life for Indonesia according to their abilities and positions.
Indeed, everything that happened on this earth was destined by Allah Subhanahu wa Ta’ala as stated in the Qur’an, “There is no disaster that befalls on the earth and (not also) on yourself but has been written in the book (Lauhul Mahfuzh ) before we created it. Indeed, this is easy for Allah. “(Q.S. Al-Hadid : 22).
8. Finally, we invite all of us to pray that Allah Subhanahu wa Ta’ala protects Indonesian people from all slanders, especially slander and also bestows His mercy and blessings on us so as to maintain unity and patience in undergoing all the tests in the future this important and urgent one is safe, aamiin. (AT/Sj/P2)
Mi’raj News Agency (MINA)