Gaza City, 7 Shawwal 1435/3 August 2014 (MINA) – Senior officials from Palestinian resistance movement Hamas say Israeli Occupation Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is becoming increasingly confused and is facing a real crisis over the ongoing Tel Aviv’s war on the Gaza Strip.
On Sunday, Hamas spokesman Fawzi Barhum said Netanyahu will be in trouble over Israel’s war on Gaza. He also pledged to continue its fight against the Tel Aviv regime, Press TV quoted by Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA) as reporting, Sunday.
He added the movement will continue its resistance until achieving its goals.
Another Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri also said Netanyahu’s recent speech was aimed at repairing the spirit of the Israeli public following the fighting in the besieged Palestinian coastal enclave.
The comments came shortly after Netanyahu said Tel Aviv would continue military operations against the impoverished territory.
Netanyahu warned Hamas that the movement will face with intolerable consequences if it continues to fire rockets at Israel
The Israeli premier also noted that once Palestinian tunnels are demolished, the Israeli military will continue according to its needs.
This is while Israel’s Minister for Military Affairs Moshe Yaalon claimed that Tel Aviv has inflicted an unprecedented amount of damage on Hamas during the four weeks of fighting.
The claim comes as the Israeli forces have partially retreated from the war-stricken Gaza Strip. Israeli sources announced earlier that a number of Israeli ground forces are withdrawing from Gaza.
Israeli military says it has so far lost nearly 64 of its troops in clashes with Palestinian resistance fighters, but Hamas says near 150 Israeli soldiers have been killed over the past 27 days. This is seen as the heaviest loss of life for the Israeli military in years.
More than 1,770 Palestinians have so far been killed and over 9,300 others injured since the Israeli military first launched its offensive on Gaza on July 8. (T/P012/E01)
Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA)