Salfit, 14 Rajab 1436/3 May 2015 (MINA) – A number of 40 extremist Jewish settlers stormed at noon on Saturday Qarqesh archeological village to the west of Salfit governorate in the occupied West Bank.
Eyewitnesses said that the settlers roamed and took photos in the village while a tourist guide was offering explanations on the history of the village and the area, The Palestinian Information Center (PIC) quoted by Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA) as reporting.
The researcher Khaled Maali said the settlers’ incursion is not the first as settlers previously arranged several tours to the village and its surrounding area.
The village dates pack to Roman times. It has historic caves, theatres, pools, and cemeteries, Maali said.
He added that the factories of the Israeli nearby Ariel settlement are only dozens of meters far from the village.
Maali warned of isolating the village by Ariel outpost’s structures just like what happened in Dair Samaan village in Salfit.
He also warned of changing the history of Qarqesh village as the settlers claim that it belongs to Jews who resided in Palestine in the ancient times.(T/P008/R03)
Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA)