Ramallah, 23 Dzulhijjah 1436/7 October 2015 (MINA) – Israeli settlers injured at least two Palestinians, including a 10-year-old boy, in attacks across the West Bank late Monday and early Tuesday, locals told Ma’an.
Settlers reportedly attacked a house belonging to Mahmoud Khalil Abu Qubita in western Yatta in the south of Hebron early Tuesday, Maan News Agency quoted by Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA) as reporting.
Locals told Ma’an that settlers smashed the windows with stones, hitting Abu Qubita’s 10-year-old son, Osama, who had to be transferred to hospital for treatment.
The head of Abu al-Hassan al-Qasem hospital in Yatta, Zeiyad abu Zuhra, confirmed that the child had sustained an injury to his head.
In Dura, also in southern Hebron, Israeli settlers reportedly caused a car to overturn, injuring its Palestinian driver, although no further details were provided.
Meanwhile, in Jenin, Israeli settlers were reported to have thrown stones at Palestinian vehicles travelling along the main road near Dotan military checkpoint outside the town of Yabad.
Witnesses told Ma’an that the settlers shouted racist slogans at Palestinian drivers.
Late on Monday, settlers were also reported to have intercepted the convoy of Palestinian Prime Minister Rami Hamdallah near Sarra village, as he was traveling to Nablus.
The settlers attempted to attack the convoy, calling for the death of Palestinians, but they were reportedly held back by Israeli forces.
There has been a surge of settler violence in recent days, as settlers carry out violent reprisals following the death of a settler couple who were shot dead by suspected Palestinians south of Nablus on Thursday last week.
The attacks have fueled the fierce clashes that have swept across the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem since the weekend. (T/P010/R03)
Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA)