Indonesia Waits for Identification of Bombers in Philippine

Jakarta, MINA – Indonesian government has not been able to confirm the possibility of the involvement of two Indonesian citizens in the bomb terrorist act in Jolo, Southern Philippines.

The latest news received from the Philippine National Police (PNP) and the Western Mindanao Command (Westmincom) military command that the perpetrators of the bombing on Jolo, have not identified yet their personal identities or nationalities.

Through a written statement received by MINA on Saturday, Feb, 2 nd, Indonesian Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi admitted that she has tried to communicate with various parties in the Philippines to get confirmation.

Meanwhile, the Indonesian Embassy in Manila and the Indonesian Consulate in Davao City were also trying to get confirmation of this information.

Also Read:  Mali Crisis Disrupts 700,000 Children's Education

Previously, Philippine Interior Minister Eduardo Ano said, suicide bombers from Indonesia were behind a double explosion of churches in Jolo, Sulu.

“Those who are truly responsible are Indonesian suicide bombers. But Abu Sayyaf guided them, studied the target, conducted surveillance, supervision, and brought the couple to church, “Ano said.

At least 22 people were killed and more than 100 civilians and security forces were injured in a double bomb that exploded in Jolo Church, Sulu on Sunday. (TR/Sj/P2)

Mi’raj News Agency (MINA)