SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT

Peace in Palestine = Peace in the World

ADVERTISEMENT

SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT

Death Toll of Earthquake in Cianjur Increased to 268 People

sajadi - Wednesday, 23 November 2022 - 12:34 WIB

Wednesday, 23 November 2022 - 12:34 WIB

2 Views

Cianjur, MINA – The death toll from the earthquake in Cianjur Regency continues to increase. As of Tuesday at 05.00 p.m, the death toll was 268, according to the National Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB).

“Now there are 268 dead victims. Of the 268, 122 bodies have been identified,” BNPB Head Suhariyanto said in a press conference at the Cianjur Emergency Response Post.

Suhariyanto said that his party and the relevant authorities were currently still searching for 151 victims who were said to be “missing”.

He also revealed that 1,083 people were injured as a result of the disaster. The number of refugees there reached 58,362 people.

Also Read: Jama’ah Muslimin Holds Tabligh Akbar at An-Nubuwwah Mosque in Lampung

Previously, President Joko Widodo on Tuesday visited the earthquake disaster site in Cugenang District, Cianjur Regency and he ordered various parties to help evacuate and open access for those affected by the landslide.

The president requested that the victims who were still buried be prioritized for evacuation and rescue. (T/RE1)

Mi’raj News Agency (MINA)

Also Read: Armored Vehicle Driver Confesses in Fatal Jakarta Protest Incident

Recommendation for you

Indonesia
Gaza victims (photo: Anadolu Agency)
Palestine
Palestine
Victims of Israeli Aggression on Gaza (photo: PIC)
Palestine
Head of the Indonesian National Police's Propam Division, Inspector General Abdul Karim, during a press conference at his office, Friday (29/8/2025) (photo: Era id)
Indonesia
Gaza victims (photo: Anadolu Agency)
Palestine
Indonesia
Palestine
Israeli attacks on Gaza (photo: Anadolu Agenc)
Palestine
Palestine
Indonesia