Samarinda, MINA – Imaamul Muslimin Yakhsyallah Mansur highlighted the urgency of zakat in improving the welfare of the ummah and bringing God’s grace, here on Wednesday (30/5).
He made the remarks in the International Zakat Seminar held at the Ruhui Rahayu Hall, Governor Office complex, East Kalimantan. Samarinda
He emphasized the importance of zakat and punishment for people who are reluctant to pay zakat.
“Zakat is important since the beginning of the birth of Islam. Suffering of destruction, misery, and hell will befall on those who do not want to pay zakat, “he said.
Yakhsyallah also said, people who do not want to pay zakat is equated with the polytheists, and those denying the day of resurrection.
Furthermore, he explained the ten wisdom of zakat.
1. The manifestation of faith in God listed in the Surah At-Taubah verse 11
2. Zakat cleans, purifies, and reassures the soul of the one who carries it out
3. Zakat will add and develop the treasure
4. Zakat encourages Muslims to work hard
5. Zakat eliminates the miserliness
6. Struggle costs a lot
7. Islam wants its people to be rich, so it can help others
8. Zakat embodies the harmony of life
9. Avoid disaster and damage
10. Zakat will bring God’s grace
In the seminar, there are various speakers from inside and outside the country.
The participants of the seminar are delegates from all regions of Indonesia, scholars, Amil zakat Institution of Kaltim-Kaltara and surrounding communities. (LT/R04/RS5)
Mi’raj News Agency (MINA)