Ankara, 10 Syawwal 1437/ 15 July 2016 (MINA) – Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Numan Kurtulmus condemned Friday the terror attack in the French city of Nice that killed 84 people celebrating Bastille Day.
“I strongly and wholeheartedly condemn last night’s terrorist attack in Nice which killed 84 innocent people and injured dozens,” Kurtulmus said on his official Twitter account.
At least 84 people were killed and many others were injured when a truck ran over crowds late Thursday during Bastille Day celebrations in France’s Mediterranean city of Nice.
Kurtulmus expressed his condolences to the families of the victims, as well as to the French people and government.
He said: “Turkey stands in sincere solidarity with France and will continue to cooperate fully with the French government and other international partners in the fight against terrorism.”
Turkey has been the target of numerous terror attacks carried out by Daesh and the PKK terror organization in the last year, the most recent being the Istanbul airport attack last month that killed 45.
Kurtulmus said that Nice attack “clearly indicates the urgent need for international solidarity and cooperation in the fight against terrorism.”
“No matter who has carried it out, there can be no justification whatsoever regarding this inhumane killing of innocent people,” he wrote. (T/P002/R07)
Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA)