The attacks carried out by Syrian regime and supported by Russian army on Aleppo on 27 September 2016 has resulted in the deaths of dozens of Syrian civilians and the destruction of infrastructure and many buildings including two hospitals. The attacks made the situation getting worse and the people of Aleppo increasingly suffered.
Indeed, the crisis caused by parties competing for power in Syria has resulted in tragic human tragedy. Based on the deep concern over the tragedy, Jama’ah Muslimin (Hizbullah) issues statements as follows:
- We urge President Bashar Asad, leaders and parties who hold power in Syria to immediately stop the war. Stop the war. Once again, stop the war. Have a look, how the war had made the Syrian people sufferring. Letting the prolonged war is a form of real injustice. Eliminating a life of person has been forbidden by Allah as mentioned in the Qur’an:
“Whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land – it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one – it is as if he had saved mankind entirely,” “(Q.S. Al Ma’idah : 32);
- The Syrian leader have to protect its people, especially children, women and elders. Be confidence that Syria is a sovereign country and does not need the intervention by any foreign parties to solve the crisis. Do not invite enemies which obviously grabbed the dignity and greatness of the nation and even dishonor the girls and women. Stop the ferocity of those who plundered your land. Be assured that Allah will surely help you while you help and protect His religion to stop anyone destroying the earth. Remember the promise of Allah in the Qur’an, Surah Muhammad  verse 7.
“O believers, if you help (religion of) Allah, He will help you and affirm your position”.
- To the Russian leaders and all allies supporting the war in Syria, we urge them to immediately stop supporting the war and destroying the land of Syria. Beware that Syrian people have the rights to live in peace and decide their own fate without any intervention of any other nations.
- To the UN Secretary General and other world leaders, we encourage to work more seriously to stop the war and restore peace in Syria and Middle East in general. We also urge to immediately take actions to prevent casualties both inside and outside of Syria, especially, when winter comes. Indeed, Syrian refugees need humanitarian assistance such as pharmaceuticals, food ingredients, supplies and food for infants, clean water, blankets, clothings, tents and more.
- We call on the government of the Republic of Indonesia to more actively participate in efforts to create peace in the Middle East as mandated by the constitution. Peace efforts that has undertaken by our predecessors as the leader of Non-Aligned Movement and OIC (Organisation of Islamic Cooperation) should be continued until the war in Syria and the Middle East completely stopped.
- We urge all Muslims to increase responsibility to help our brother Muslims as the Prophet said that “The parable of the faithful people in their affection and compassion are like one body. If one part of the body feels pain then the whole body could not sleep and had a fever. “(Transmitted by Bukhari and Muslim).
Muslims have to unite to give moral and material support for Syrians, help them find a way out of the tragedy. Muslims may not to remain silent or condone the enemies that cause mischief on earth, as reminded in the Qur’an, Surah Al Anfal verse 73:
” And those who disbelieved are allies of one another. If you do not do so, there will be fitnah on earth and great corruption. ”
” The believers are but brothers, so make settlement between your brothers. And fear Allah that you may receive mercy. “(Q.S. Al-Hujurat : 10)
- Only to Allah we hope and put the trust. May Allah gives relief Muslims everywhere to liberate from all forms of defamation and restore the world to justice and true peace, Aamiin.
Jakarta, 27 Dhul Hijjah 1437 AH / 29 September 2016 M
AMIR MAJELIS UKHUWAH