Regarding to the attacks of Muslims who were carrying out Friday prayers in two mosques in the city of Christchurch, New Zealand, March 15, 2019, driven by deep concern and responsibility as fellow Muslims, Jama’ah Muslimin (Hizbullah) conveyed the following statements:
1. The attacks done by an armed men was actually an attack on all Muslims throughout the world. Likewise the threat to a mosque is a threat to all mosques on earth. The attack resulted 49 Muslims martyred and some others were injuries is a great crimes against humanity and the threat of terror for world peace;
2. The perpetrators is the most unjust human beings who deserve to be punished severely and by Allah the Lord of the World, they are threatened with severe punishment in the world and in the hereafter as stated in the Qur’an;
“And who are more unjust than those who prevent the name of Allah from being mentioned in His mosques and strive toward their destruction. It is not for them to enter them except in fear. For them in this world is disgrace, and they will have in the Hereafter a great punishment.” “(Q.S. Al-Baqarah : 114).
3. We strongly condemn the attacks. Killing a human being without the right reason in its essence is tantamount to killing a whole human being as stated in the word of Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala in the Qur’an: “Whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land – it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one – it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors. “(Q.S. Al-Ma’idah : 32).
4. The attack proved the truth of the Al-Quran statement that the enemies of Islam would continue to fight against Muslims everywhere. This tragedy should be a lesson so that Muslims, especially those in the majority non-Muslim countries, must always be vigilant.
5. The rapid development of Islam in various parts of the world made the enemies of Islam unhappy and tried to inhibit this progress in various ways. But all their efforts will fail because Islam will surely win with the help of Allah. Allah wants to make the kuffar increasingly annoyed because of the development of Islam. This is what is in the Qur’an Al Fath 29: “Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah ; and those with him are forceful against the disbelievers, merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and prostrating [in prayer], seeking bounty from Allah and [His] pleasure. Their mark is on their faces from the trace of prostration. That is their description in the Torah. And their description in the Gospel is as a plant which produces its offshoots and strengthens them so they grow firm and stand upon their stalks, delighting the sowers – so that Allah may enrage by them the disbelievers. Allah has promised those who believe and do righteous deeds among them forgiveness and a great reward.”
6. We encourage the Government of New Zealand not to be negligent in protecting every citizen of their own country and whoever in the territory. We urge the New Zealand Government to make maximum efforts to immediately process the perpetrators and impose severe penalties on them. The tragedy should not be addressed by closing mosques or prohibiting the activities of Muslims in all parts of New Zealand.
7. Muslims in New Zealand and throughout the world are encouraged to increase cohesiveness and ukhuwah according to the guidance of Al-Quran in Surah Al-Hujurat verse 10 that “The believers are but brothers,” And the words of the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ that “Parable believers in compassion and compassion and love are like one body. If one part of the body is sick, it will feel pain throughout the body by not being able to sleep and feel fever. “(Narrated by Bukhari and Muslim).
8. Finally, we appealed to the victims and their families to respond to this calamity with patience.
9. We appealed the ghaib prayer for the victims, and praying that the deceased are classified by Allah as the martyrs and the wounded will be immediately better and health and this terrible incident will not happen again in New Zealand and other countries.
Bogor, 8 Rajab 1440/15 March 2019
JAMA’AH MUSLIMIN (HIZBULLAH)
Mi’raj News Agency (MINA)