Gaza City, 8 Rajab 1435/7 May 2014 (MINA) – Egyptian authorities on Tuesday evening closed the Rafah crossing after it was exceptionally opened for three daysfor pilgrims and people stranded in Egypt.
The Egyptian ministry of interior said there were no set dates for the re-opening of the crossing, Maan News Agency quoted by Mi’raj Islmic News Agency (MINA) as reporting.
Some 840 Muslim pilgrims and a few others stranded in Egypt returned to Gaza through the crossing.
The Palestinian crossings department said the Egyptian authorities still closed the crossing for the departing humanitarian, medical cases and students.
Previously, Dr. Mousa Abu Marzooq, member of Hamas Political Bureau, stated that the Egyptian authorities will open the Rafah border crossing, directly right after the formation of the National Unity Government.
The Egyptian authorities will open the Rafah border crossing as soon as the Unity Government forms security committees to run the crossing, Abu Marzook confirmed, according ton Alresalh report.
The crossing will be international, and work there will continue 24 hours a day, he added. “The PA must end the 2005 agreement,” the Hamas official stressed. (T/P015/E01)
Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA)