Israel Attacks Hamas Sites and Stop Qatar’s Transfer
Gaza, MINA – Israel Air Force on Tuesday night, launched airstrikes against multiple Hamas targets and destroyed a Hamas building in the Beit Lahia area of northern Gaza. There were no immediate reports of injuries, according to Palestinian media.
In addition to airstrikes, Israel also stopped the of previously approved $15 million transfer to the Gaza-ruling Hamas from Qatar because of the violence.
An Israeli official said the cash transfer from Qatar to Gaza through Israel as part of a ceasefire would not occur on Wednesday because of violence.
The incident signaled increased tensions after weeks of relative calm to an informal ceasefire between Israel and the Hamas Islamic movement, which has power in the Gaza Strip.
Later that day, Israeli tank shootings killed a Hamas militant along the border in central Gaza as a respons of Israel after their soldier was wounded by shot, officials said.
Mohammed al-Nabaheen (24) was killed by tank fire and four others were wounded, said a spokesman for the Gaza health ministry.
Hamas confirmed that he is a member of his armed wing, the Ezzedine al-Qassam Brigade.
Mass protests and clashes erupted on the Gaza-Israel border in March last year. This is a weekly protest for Palestinian refugees in Gaza to return their homeland.
Israel accused, Hamas uses this mass protest as a cover for violence. At least, 244 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli fire since March, the majority during protests and clash. Others, died in air raids or shootings.
Two Israeli soldiers were killed in the same period, one by Palestinian snipers and the other during special force operations that failed in Gaza. Israel and Hamas have fought three times since 2008. (T/Sj/P2)
Mi’raj News Agency (MINA)