Berlin, 16 Jumadil Akhir 1436/5 April 2015 (MINA) – German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier denounced the Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu’s criticism for the nuclear talks between Iran and the P5+1, Anadolu reported.
‘We very well recognise the size of responsibility laid on us, as well as we recognise that the sought deal will have repercussions on the whole region, including Israel. Therefore, we are conducting responsible talks’ Steinmeier said in the Swiss city of Lausanne, where the talks were taking place.
Steinmeier said he was expecting more proposals to be posed for discussion, noting that there was still a possibility to reach a deal, according to Middle East Monitor (MEMO) report quoted by Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA), Sunday.
Meanwhile, Chinese, Russian and French foreign ministers have left the talks, but the French minister said he would join the negations after travelling to France and returning back again to Lausanne.
Earlier on Wednesday, Netanyahu said that ‘the hazardous agreement is at the moment being negotiated in Lausanne, confirms all our fears and exceeds them yet.’
He continued, ‘Israel feels specifically threatened as the growth of the possibility of Iranian nuclear weapons is feared.’
Unlike the main powers negotiating with Iran on an exclusively peaceful use of nuclear power, Netanyahu wants to ensure the government in Tehran has no capability to enrich uranium.
Reuters said that the P5+1 and Iran negotiated into the early hours of Thursday, two days past their deadline, with diplomats saying prospects for a preliminary agreement were finely balanced between success and collapse. (T/P3/R01)
Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA)