SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT

Peace in Palestine = Peace in the World

ADVERTISEMENT

SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT

JORDANIAN GOVERNMENT DEMANDS ISRAEL TO STOP PROVIDING COVER AL-AQSA

Ibrahim - Thursday, 17 December 2015 - 23:07 WIB

Thursday, 17 December 2015 - 23:07 WIB

30 Views ㅤ

ISRAEL-TO-STOP-PROVIDING-COVER-AL-AQSA-5-300x169.jpg" alt="(Image from Aljazeera)" width="300" height="169" /> (Image from Aljazeera)

Amman, 6 Rabi’ul Awwal 1437/December 17, 2015 (MINA) – Jordanian government on Wednesday,(12/16) demanded the Israeli occupation authorities to refrain from facilitating and providing security cover for Jewish incursions to the Al-Aqsa Mosque, especially those that took place earlier this week, Petra Reported.

Minister of State for Media Affairs and government’s spokesman Mohammed Al-Momani, expressed Jordan’s rejection of the Israeli occupation police allowing extremists to perform Talmudic rituals after storming the Al-Haram Al-Sharif, describing such practices as blatant aggression against holy sites and an outright provocation to all Muslims’ feelings, according toInternational Islamic News Agency (IINA) reports as received by Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA).

Al-Momani strongly condemned the Israeli police for allowing Jewish extremists to enter Al-Aqsa Mosque, barefooted, according to Talmudic beliefs, noting that this is a serious indication of the continuous escalation against the holy shrine.

He voiced rejection of the blatant interference by the Israeli police in the work of the Hashemite Committee for Restoration of the Islamic Holy Places in Jerusalem and in the repairing of some damages in the Al-Aqsa Mosque, condemning Israeli police attempts this morning to prevent repairing an urgent malfunction in the water network in the mosque.

Also Read: Israeli Airstrikes in Gaza Leave 18 Palestinians Martyred, Dozens Injured

The minister said the ongoing Israeli violations against Al-Aqsa Mosque constitute a gross breach of the peace agreement signed in 1994 between the two countries, the international law and relevant United Nations and the Security Council’s resolutions.

He added that these violations are a clear evidence of the Israeli occupation’s non-stop attempts to change the status quo at the Islamic holy sites and other locations in occupied East Jerusalem.

The government spokesman said Jordan, stemming from King Abdullah’s custodianship of Islamic and Christian holy sites in Jerusalem, will continue to counter such incursions using all diplomatic and legal tools. (T/Imt/R04)

Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA)

Also Read: Over 500 Israeli Settlers Storm Al-Aqsa Ahead of Jewish Holiday

Recommendation for you