Ankara, 6 Rabi’ul Awwal 1437/17 Desember 2015 (MINA) – At least 23 PKK activists have been killed in ongoing anti-terror operations in Turkey’s southeastern Sirnak province within the last 48 hours, a security official said Thursday.
The security official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told Anadolu Agency that security forces had killed 22 PKK activists in the Cizre district and another in Silopi district.
Sirnak Governor Ali Ihsan Su told Anadolu Agency that the operations were ongoing in two districts of Sirnak province. AA quoted by Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA) as reporting.
“Curfew will continue for the security of life and property of our citizens,” said Su.
Su announced a new curfew in Cizre and Silopi districts Monday. Many citizens have reportedly left the district before the curfew was imposed.
The PKK – considered a terrorist organization by Turkey, the U.S. and EU – resumed its armed campaign in late July. Since then more than 200 members of the security forces have been martyred and around 1,700 PKK terrorists killed. (T/P007/R03)
Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA)