2 Indonesian Kidnap Victims Released in Sulu

Mohammad Nazir, 62, and Robin Piter, 32, had been released earlier Monday following their kidnapping in waters near Simisa Island, southern Sulu, on June 22.

 

Zamboanga City, the Philippines, 13 Rabi’ul Awwal 1438/13 December 2016 (MINA) – Suspected Abu Sayyaf terrorists have released two Indonesian nationals they had been holding captive in Sulu since June, a regional military official said Monday.

Col. Jesus Mananquil Jr, commander of Joint Task Force Sulu, identified the victims as Mohammad Nazir, 62, and Robin Piter, 32, GMA News reported.

They were the last remaining kidnapped victims from the seven crewmen of T/B Charles 00 abducted last June 22, 2016 near Simisa Island in Sulu.

Also Read:  100 Chilean Lawyers Fill a Complaint about Netanyahu to the ICC

The victims were released through the Indanan-based Moro National Liberation Front and then brought to the house of former Sulu Vice-Governor Sulu Absakur Tan in Jolo at 11:30 a.m. Monday.

They were then turned-over to Joint Task Force Sulu for custody, medical checkup, and processing at 1:32 p.m.

The victims were flown to Zamboanga City and will be turned over to Indonesian authorities by Western Mindanao Command.

Mananquil believed the hostages were released due to the relentless combat operations of Armed Forces of the Philippines units in the province and through the initiatives of stakeholders who helped facilitated the release.

Also Read:  ANTI-ISLAM RALLIES SWEEP AUSTRALIA

“Our combat operations pressured the Abu Sayyaf Group to immediately negotiate. The military are on a sustained manhunt operations against the ASG. They have already felt the pressure of these relentless operations. We have gained so much knowledge about them and it’s just a matter of time that the force of the law will be meted upon them,” he said in a press statement.    (T/R07/R01)

Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA)