Rabat, 6 Dhulqo’dah 1436/21 August 2016 (MINA) – The Moroccan government has condemned what it describes as Israel’s attempts to Judaise Jerusalem and encourage illegal Jewish settlements across the occupied territories.
Speaking to reporters after Wednesday’s cabinet meeting in Rabat, government spokesman and Minister of Communications Mustapha Al-Khalfi said that Morocco regards such attempts as the “fragmentation” of Arab and Islamic identity in the city, Middle East Monitor reported.
“Work is underway within the Arab League,” he explained, “and in coordination with the Islamic countries to crystallise positions to stand up to these exercises and put in place a process that ensures support for the steadfastness of the Palestinian people and enables them to regain their legitimate rights.”
The Moroccan minister added that his country has recently issued a clear statement against Israeli attacks, noting that the foreign ministry is working in coordination with Arab and Islamic countries to translate the Arab positions into concrete steps.
Last month, the Kingdom of Morocco condemned the heinous arson attack by Israeli settlers against a Palestinian family in a village south of Nablus in which a Palestinian baby and his father were burnt to death. The ministry said at the time that it holds the Israeli occupation authorities fully responsible for all systematic terrorist acts committed by settlers in occupied Palestine.
The Organisation of Islamic Cooperation announced earlier this month that it will hold an extraordinary Islamic summit in Morocco to discuss developments in Palestine, including Jerusalem.(T/R04/R03)
Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA)