
Man attempts to drive car into crowd outside mosque in Paris suburb.
Pais, 6 Shawwal 1438/30 June 2017 (MINA) – Police arrested a man after he allegedly attempted to drive a car into a crowd in front of a mosque in Paris on Thursday, Anadolu Agency reported, quoting an official police statement.
Also Read: Global Movement to Gaza to Hold Coordinated Rallies in 13 Cities on International Day of Solidarity
In the written statement, police said no one got hurt in the incident that took place in a suburb of Creteil; interrogation of the suspect continues.
Police said not say what exactly was the motivation behind the suspected attack; however, Le Parisien newspaper said the man wanted to avenge Daesh-linked attacks in France.
BMF TV channel said the suspect was 40-years-old and had previously been convicted for petty crimes.
According to police, the barriers placed in front of the mosque had foiled the suspected attack.
Also Read: Russia Warns Trump’s Gaza Plan Could Enable “Uncontrolled Experiments” on Occupied Territory
Last week, six people, including two children were injured when a car plowed into a crowd of Muslim worshippers as they left a sports center after offering Eid al-Fitr prayers in the northern English city of Newcastle.
(T/RS5/RS1)
Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA)
Also Read: Activist Unfurls Palestinian Flag During German Parliament Session, Protesting Gaza Policy














Mina Indonesia
Mina Arabic