DESPITE ISRAELI RESTRICTIONS, HUNDREDS OF PALESTINIANS BID LAST FAREWELL TO SLAIN ABU DHEIM
Jerusalem, 3 Sya’ban 1436/21 May 2015 (MINA) – Despite Israeli restrictions and extensive military deployment around Palestinian neighborhoods in occupied East Al Quds, thousands of Palestinians marched, at the crack of dawn, in the funeral procession of Omran Omar Abu Dheim (41), who was killed by Israeli police fire on Wednesday morning.
The Israeli police initially turned down appeals to transfer the body of the slain Palestinian to his family and stipulated that the funeral procession should be attended by no more than 20 marchers, Palestinian Information Center (PIC) quoted by Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA) as reporting.
However, the Israeli preconditions and extensive military and police deployment around Palestinian communities in occupied Jerusalem, failed in preventing thousands of Jerusalemite Palestinians from joining the funeral procession and bidding last farewell to the martyr.
Lawyer Mohamed Mahmoud, from Ad-Dameer institution called for the need to launch a probe into the murder of Abu Dheim and wage a legal battle to uncover Israeli crimes.
He said Israel’s confiscation of the surveillance cameras is a barefaced proof that Abu Dheim is a victim of Israeli terrorism.
Earlier on Wednesday morning, Israeli police officers shot and killed the Palestinian driver Omran Abu Dheim, 41, in occupied East Jerusalem, allegedly after he rammed two police officers with his car.
The police claimed the Palestinian deliberately slammed his car into police officers, wounding two, before he was shot dead, while Palestinian eyewitnesses said the incident was a traffic accident and not a deliberate attack. (T/P006/R03)
Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA)