Gaza, 7 Shafar 1436/30 November 2014 (MINA) – A number of Palestinians residing in temporary homes as a result of their displacement by Israel’s summer assault were startled to discover bones and skulls in the dirt being used to anchor their homes over the past few days.
The displaced families, formerly residents of the destroyed al-Najjar neighborhood in the city of Khuzaa east of Khan Younis, found the human remains beneath their mobile homes after heavy rains in the past week swept much of the dirt away, revealing the bones, Ma’an News Agency quoted by Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA) as reporting.
Palestinian journalist Muthana al-Najjar told Ma’an via telephone on Saturday that residents of the mobile homes found the remains under dirt that had been brought from beside a cemetery in Deir al-Balah to help anchor the homes.
Al-Najjar said that the bones and skulls could not possibly belong to people killed during Israel’s recent war on Gaza.
He reported, that those who found the bones gathered them in bags and immediately reburied them in the area.
Sheikh Ibrahim Darwish, the director of religious endowments in central Gaza, told Ma’an that the cemetery that the dirt had been brought from from was more than 100 years old.
He added, that the earth was taken through an agreement with the Ministry of Public Works and Housing in order to prepare the area for new graves. (T/P006/P3)
Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA)