SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT

Peace in Palestine = Peace in the World

ADVERTISEMENT

SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT

Israel Deploys Additional Troops in Gaza Border

sajadi - Wednesday, 27 March 2019 - 14:08 WIB

Wednesday, 27 March 2019 - 14:08 WIB

3 Views

Al-Quds, MINA – Israeli government warned on Tuesday that it was ready to continue attacks Gaza Strip, when additional troops were deployed to the border region following a military shootout with and groups of Palestinian militants the day before.

The military claimed that less than an hour after the threat of further Israeli attacks on the Gaza Strip, a rocket was fired into the Eshkol region in southern Israel, triggering air raid sirens in the area and sending thousands of residents to a bomb shelter.

Eshkol’s government spokesman said the projectiles landed in the open field, causing no injury or damage, the Times of Israel reported.

After the shooting took place throughout Monday night until Tuesday morning, Hamas claimed to have agreed to an informal ceasefire with Israel brokered by Egypt.

Also Read: Israeli Forces Launch Large-Scale Incursion into Rafah

However, a senior Israeli government official, speaking on anonymous terms, denied that a ceasefire had been reached. He threatened additional attacks on Hamas targets in Gaza Strip.

“There is no ceasefire agreement. The battle can continue at any time, “the official said. (T/Sj/P2)

Mi’raj News Agency (MINA)

Also Read: Israeli Occupation Airstrikes Intensify in Gaza, Killing 23 Civillians

Recommendation for you

Gazans Perform Eid al-Fitr (photo: Al Jazeera)
Palestine
Palestine
Israeli Airstrikes on Gaza (photo: Anadolu Agency)
Palestine