2 Palestinians Shot Dead After 2 Israelis Stabbed Near Ramallah

Israeli soldiers at the area of the stabbing attack by two Palestinian women
Israeli soldiers at the area of the stabbing attack by two Palestinian women

Bethlehem, 16 Rabiul Akhir 1437/26 January 216 (MINA) – Two Palestinians were shot dead after allegedly stabbing and injuring two Israeli women in the illegal Israeli settlement of Beit Horon west of Ramallah in the central occupied West Bank on Monday, Israeli police said.

Israeli police spokesperson Luba Samri said “two terrorists approached a grocery store in Beit Horon and stabbed a woman,” before they then “fled the scene.”

She said that as they were fleeing, “the two then stabbed another woman before a security guard neutralized them.”
Samri later clarified that both Palestinians had been shot dead.

One Israeli woman, 40, was seriously injured after she was stabbed in the “upper part” of her body, while another woman, 60, sustained light wounds, Samri said.

Also Read:  Israeli Tank Shell Patient Rooms at Al-Shifa Medical Complex

She added that two explosive devices were also found after police searched the area.

Another Israeli police spokesperson, Micky Rosenfeld, said that Israeli police units were “looking into” the identity of
the two Palestinians, and that “heightened security in the areas continues.”

On Saturday, a 13-year-old Palestinian girl was shot dead after Israeli police said she attempted to stab an Israeli
security guard outside the illegal West Bank settlement of Anatot northeast of Jerusalem, Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA) quoted Ma’an News Agency as reporting.

Less than a week before, on Jan. 18, a 15-year-old Palestinian from the southern occupied West Bank district of Bethlehem stabbed and severely injured a 30-year-old pregnant Israeli woman.

Also Read:  UN Marks 50 Years of Arab-Israeli War

That encounter was just one day after another suspected Palestinian attacker stabbed and killed an Israeli woman after breaking into her home in the illegal Israeli settlement of Otniel, south of Hebron city.

Israeli forces later detained a 15-year-old suspect identified as Mourad Adais from the Hebron-district city of Yatta,
east of the Otniel settlement on Jan. 19.

Following those attacks, Palestinians were banned from entering Israel’s illegal settlements across the occupied West
Bank, preventing some 11,000 Palestinians from reaching their work.

An Israeli army spokesperson said that as of Sunday, that ban had been lifted for all settlements but Otniel. However, she said the situation remained “very dynamic.”   (T/R07/R01)


Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA)