SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT

Peace in Palestine = Peace in the World

ADVERTISEMENT

SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT

150 PESHMERGAS ENTER SYRIA’S KOBANI

kurnia - Friday, 5 December 2014 - 12:52 WIB

Friday, 5 December 2014 - 12:52 WIB

408 Views ㅤ

150 Peshmergas Enter Syria’s Kobani (Photo : Press Tv

Peshmerga-fighter-300x168.jpg" alt="150 Peshmergas Enter Syria’s Kobani (Photo : Press Tv" width="300" height="168" /> 150 Peshmergas Enter Syria’s Kobani (Photo : Press Tv)

Damascus, 12 Safar 1436/6 December 2014M (MINA) – A new group of 150 Iraqi Kurdish Peshmerga forces has entered Syria’s city of Kobani through Turkey, replacing the first batch helping Kurdish forces against Takfiri ISIL militants, Peshmerga sources say.

A Peshmerga source said on Thursday that the Kurdish fighters entered Kobani late on Tuesday. Press Tv quoted by Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA) as reporting, Thursday.

Referring to the Iraqi Kurdish forces who had entered the besieged city in early November, the Peshmerga source said, “The first group has left Kobani and is en route to the airport right now.”

Syrian Kurdish fighters, who have been fighting off an offensive by the ISIL in Kobani since nearly three months ago, have embraced the support of the Peshmerga fighters.

Also Read: UN Security Council Demand Urgent End to Gaza Genocide and Famine

Under pressure for its refusal to allow Kurdish reinforcements to cross its border into Syria, Ankara allowed passage to the first group of Iraqi Peshmergas into Syria in late October.

According to reports, the intense fighting for the strategic city of Kobani has forced over 200,000 people to take refuge in neighboring Turkey.
The ISIL controls some parts of Syria and Iraq. They are engaged in crimes against humanity in the areas under their control.

Since late September, the US and its allies have been conducting airstrikes against the ISIL inside Syria without any authorization from Damascus or a UN mandate.

Washington has also been carrying out similar air raids against ISIL positions in Iraq since August. However, the raids have so far failed to dislodge the ISIL. (T/P002/R03)

Also Read: Israel Carry out Multiple Airstrikes on Damascus Countryside

Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA)

 

Also Read: Indonesia Urges OIC to Mobilize All Power to Stop Israel’s Plan to Annex Gaza

Recommendation for you

Palestine
International
Israeli Airstrikes on Gaza (photo: Anadolu Agency)
International
Palestinian in Gaza starvation (photo: Anadolu Agency)
Palestine
Palestine
Palestine
Indonesia
Ilustration of regrets (photo: Pixabay)
Articles
Co-chair of the conference, Saudi Arabia’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Faisal bin Farhan makes a speech during the three-day International Palestine Conference, led by France and Saudi Arabia and attended by Turkiye at the United Nations Trusteeship Council in New York, United States on July 28, 2025 (photo: Anadolu Agency)
International
The dead body of 11-month-old baby Zeyneb Abu Halib, who died due to malnutrition, is seen at the Nasser Hospital in Khan Yunis, Gaza, on July 25, 2025. (Photo: Anadolu Agency)
Palestine
Israeli military aggression on Gaza (photo: Anadolu Agency)
Palestine
Indonesia