SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT

Peace in Palestine = Peace in the World

ADVERTISEMENT

SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT

Russia Suspend Black Sea Grain Export Deal, US: “Dangerous”

sajadi - Wednesday, 19 July 2023 - 14:30 WIB

Wednesday, 19 July 2023 - 14:30 WIB

0 Views

Washington, MINA – The United States on Monday said that Russia’s decision to withdraw from a grain export deal in the Black Sea was “irresponsible and dangerous.”

Washington added it would “exacerbate food insecurity and endanger millions of vulnerable people around the world.”

“The Black Sea Grain (deal) initiative is critical to lowering (global) food prices, which have soared as a result of Russia’s brutal and unprovoked invasion of Ukraine,” White House National Security Council spokesman John Kirby told reporters. during a press conference, Anadolu Agency reported

Kirby said, “Russia’s decision to continue its effective blockade of Ukrainian ports and prevent this grain from getting to market will hurt many people around the world.”

Also Read: UN Security Council Demand Urgent End to Gaza Genocide and Famine

“Russia will take full and full responsibility for the consequences of this act of military aggression,” he said.

“We are already seeing spikes in global wheat, corn and soybean prices as a result of the Russian suspension.”

“We urge the Russian government to reverse its decision immediately,” Kirby added.

Earlier on Monday, the Kremlin announced that it had suspended the deal, saying Russia’s rights under the agreement had not been fulfilled.

Also Read: Sudan Reports 1,210 New Cholera Cases and 36 Deaths in One Week

The agreement, which was originally signed in July last year by Turkiye, the United Nations, Russia and Ukraine in Istanbul, aims to resume grain exports from Ukrainian ports that have been halted by the Russian-Ukrainian war, which started in February 2022.

A Joint Coordination Center was set up in Istanbul last year with officials from the three countries and the United Nations to oversee the shipments.

The deal has been renewed several times since then, and was extended for another two months on May 18. (T/RE1/P2)

Mi’raj News Agency (MINA)

Also Read: Israel Carry out Multiple Airstrikes on Damascus Countryside

Recommendation for you

US President Donald Trump held talks with Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman (photo: Anadolu Agency)
International
Europe
America
Asia
Europe
Europe
Indonesia
Ilustration of regrets (photo: Pixabay)
Articles
Co-chair of the conference, Saudi Arabia’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Faisal bin Farhan makes a speech during the three-day International Palestine Conference, led by France and Saudi Arabia and attended by Turkiye at the United Nations Trusteeship Council in New York, United States on July 28, 2025 (photo: Anadolu Agency)
International
The dead body of 11-month-old baby Zeyneb Abu Halib, who died due to malnutrition, is seen at the Nasser Hospital in Khan Yunis, Gaza, on July 25, 2025. (Photo: Anadolu Agency)
Palestine
Israeli military aggression on Gaza (photo: Anadolu Agency)
Palestine
Indonesia