Ramallah, 9 Rajab 1436/28 April 2015 (MINA)– Israeli forces demolished a house in Nabi Saleh village in western Ramallah early Tuesday, locals told Ma’an.
The Popular Resistance movement and locals said that Israeli forces raided the village early Tuesday and demolished a house belonging to Muhammad Mahmoud al-Tamimi located at the village entrance.
Sources added that Israeli forces shot live rounds and tear-gas canisters at neighboring houses during the demolition, Maan News Agency quoted by Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA) as reporting.
The house is one of 13 under Israeli demolition notices in Nabi Saleh.
It was built before 1967 and therefore predates the Israeli occupation. Its owner has American nationality and has been displaced since 1967, locals said.
Many of the homes slated for demolition in Nabi Saleh are located across from the Israeli settlement of Hallamish, and most were built long before the illegal settlement was founded.
Locals previously expressed fears that Israel is planning to expand the settlement at the expense of the Palestinian landowners.
Israel destroyed 600 Palestinian properties in the West Bank and East Jerusalem in 2014, according to UNOCHA, and has demolished at least 27,000 Palestinian homes and structures since occupying the West Bank in 1967, according to the Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions.
The internationally recognized Palestinian Territories of which the West Bank and East Jerusalem form a part have been occupied by the Israeli military since 1967. (T/P010/R04)
Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA)