IOF DEMOLISH THREE HISTORIC BUILDINGS IN SOUTH OF NABLUS

Photo: PIC
Photo: PIC

Nablus, 10 Muharram 1436/3 November 2014 (MINA) – The Israeli occupation forces (IOF) demolished on Monday morning three antique buildings dating to over 100 years ago in Attawil hamlet, south of Nablus city.

Palestinian activist in settlement affairs Hamza Diriya said that a large number of Israeli troops aboard armored vehicles stormed Attawil hamlet at six o’clock in the morning and declared it a closed military area.

Diriya added that the invading troops used two big bulldozers to tear down the buildings where 20 Palestinian citizens were living, Palestin Information Center (PIC), quoted by Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA) as reporting.

Local sources said that the IOF knocked down the residential buildings with no prior notification or due process, noting that the buildings belong to Osama Bani Fadel and Baha Bani Fadel.

Also Read:  ISRAEL EARMARKS PALESTINIAN LAND FOR NATURAL RESERVE

This was the eighth demolition of structures in this hamlet after the IOF had removed last August two historic houses without any legal procedures.

A senior Israeli army officer had already threatened during one of the demolitions that he would wipe the hamlet off the face of the earth without legal permission.

80 Palestinian citizens live in Attawil hamlet, which is administratively part of Aqraba village.(T/P008/P3)

Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA)