Government Urges Indonesian Citizens in Sudan to Increase Awareness

Sudanese Protester

Jakarta, MINA – Indonesian Ministry of Foreign Affairs calls on Indonesian citizens in Kharotum to increase awareness. It was issued after a series violence resulted in deaths and injuries in Sudanese capital, Khartoum.

In an appeal released in Safe Travel application, as quoted by Sindonews on Saturday, Indonesian Foreign Ministry said this appeal was also issued because the demonstration was still frequent in Khartoum.

Safe Travel is an application for the protection of Indonesian citizens released by Indonesian Foreign Ministry.

In addition, it makes easy for Indonesian citizens to report to Indonesian representative offices in their destination countries and can also get information about places of worship, eat, and also addresses of Indonesian representative offices.

Also Read:  Palestinian PM Condemn Israeli Army Killing of a Palestinian Teenager

“We urge those of you in Sudan to increase awareness, avoid crowds and not leave house temporarily, prepare important documents (passports, residence permits, etc.), food stocks, and not be involved in local political activities,” said Foreign Ministry.

“For those of you who plan to travel to Sudan, we urge you to postpone your trip until the security situation returns to normal. If you are currently in Sudan, immediately contact the Indonesian Embassy in Khartoum at + 249 998 998053 or + 249 183 564679 or through Safe Application Emergency Button Travel to Indonesian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, “he continued.

Previously proclaimed that the death toll of attack on Sudanese security forces in the protest area seated by pro-democracy demonstrators in Khartoum on Monday has increased to 100 people. Sudanese Doctors Central Committee (CCSD) said, from the 100 dead, 40 of them were dumped on the Nile. (T/Sj/P2)

Also Read:  EGYPT SAYS NILE WATER RIGHTS 'UNCHANGED'

Mi’raj News Agency (MINA)