Gaza City, 19 Jumadil Awwal 1436/10 March 2015 (MINA) – Political bureau member of Hamas, Dr. Mousa Abu Marzouk, slammed on Monday the latest terror attack targeting Egyptian army in Zweid area, near the borders with Gaza, earlier in the day.
Abu Marzouk said in his statements to Quds Press the attack has come at a time when the Rafah border-crossing has been unblocked after a series of appeals.
“But I have no doubts anymore about ongoing intents to keep the Rafah crossing closed and fan the flames of the Gaza-Cairo tension,” he said, The Palestinian Information Center (PIC) quoted by Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA) as reporting.
“I’ve had the intuition that something was lying in store. Unfortunately, I got it right,” he said. “Three people were killed and others were injured in a car-bomb blast in Sheikh Zweid area earlier in the morning.”
“I am also just as certain that such terrorism is nourished by ‘malevolent hands,’ most probably Israelis,” he further stated.
Abu Marzouk stressed the group’s firm rebuff of any projected finger-pointing at Hamas, saying: “Such terror attacks need much time. But we’ve been told about the opening of the Rafah border crossing only a couple of days ago. How on earth can Gaza or any Gazan take part in such a rushed terror attack?”
He appealed to his Egyptian “brothers and sisters” to never take such allegations for granted and stand on guard to any attempts at sparking further tension between Gaza and Cairo.(T/P008/P3)
Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA)