SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT

Peace in Palestine = Peace in the World

ADVERTISEMENT

SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT

UN: CONSTRUCTION MATERIAL WILL FLOW INTO THE STRIP

kurnia - Thursday, 18 September 2014 - 10:57 WIB

Thursday, 18 September 2014 - 10:57 WIB

432 Views ㅤ

UN: Construction Material Will Flow Into The Strip (Foto : MEMO)
UN: <a href=

Construction Material Will Flow Into The Strip (Foto : MEMO)" width="300" height="200" /> UN: Construction Material Will Flow Into The Strip (Photo : MEMO)

New York, 24 Dzulqa’dah 1435/18 September 2014 (MINA) The United Nations has brokered a Palestinian-Israeli deal to enable the importing of construction materials to Gaza to ensure they will only be used for reconstruction, a UN envoy said yesterday.

The agreement on monitoring the supply of materials “must get up and running without delay”, Robert Serry, the UN envoy for the Middle East, said in a statement.

The recent 51-day Israeli war on the Gaza Strip resulted in massive damage to residential areas along the Strip, Middle East Monitor (MEMO) quoted by Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA) as reporting.

Palestinians have called for building materials to be allowed into the Strip, and this was agreed upon in the ceasefire deal reached in Cairo on August 26 that ended the war. However, Israel has so far refused to allow construction materials and most other imports.

Also Read: Microsoft Employees Protest Company’s Ties to Israel’s Gaza War Operations

Earlier yesterday, Israeli Defence Minister Moshe Ya’alon outlined some of the concessions Israel granted the Palestinians as part of the ceasefire deal, including the passage of construction material into Gaza.

“Building materials and reconstruction equipment will enter the Gaza Strip through a mechanism that Coordinator of the Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT) Major General Yoav Mordechai is building, together the with UN envoy Robert Serry and the Palestinian Authority,” Ya’alon added.

He warned that “if those materials are transferred to building tunnels – the transfer will stop immediately.” (T/P002/P3)

Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA)

Also Read: US Actor Mark Ruffalo Condemns Gaza Famine, Calls It Man-Made Disaster

Recommendation for you

Palestine
Palestine
Indonesia’s Deputy Foreign Minister Anis Matta (photo: Indonesian Foreign Ministry)
International
Gaza victims (photo: Anadolu Agency)
Palestine
Indonesia
Ilustration of regrets (photo: Pixabay)
Articles
Co-chair of the conference, Saudi Arabia’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Faisal bin Farhan makes a speech during the three-day International Palestine Conference, led by France and Saudi Arabia and attended by Turkiye at the United Nations Trusteeship Council in New York, United States on July 28, 2025 (photo: Anadolu Agency)
International
The dead body of 11-month-old baby Zeyneb Abu Halib, who died due to malnutrition, is seen at the Nasser Hospital in Khan Yunis, Gaza, on July 25, 2025. (Photo: Anadolu Agency)
Palestine
Israeli military aggression on Gaza (photo: Anadolu Agency)
Palestine
Indonesia