Statement of Jama’ah Muslimin (Hizbullah) on the Attack Against Rohingya
Jakarta, MINA – Reponding to a heavy army attack by the Myanmar military against the Rohingya Muslims last week of August 2017 which resulted in the deaths of many victims and the possibility of deteriorating situation in the region, JAMA’AH MUSLIMIN (HIZBULLAH) stated the following attitude:
1. Strongtly condemn the renewed violnce that has led to the Muslim ethnic cleansing which is a very real tyranny, as stated in the word of Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala in the Qur’an: “Whoever kills a human being, not because of the person It (killing) another person, or not because it is destructive on the face of the earth, it is as if he has killed all humanity. And whoever preserves the life of a man, it is as if he has preserved all human life. “(Q.S. Al-Ma’idah : 32);
2. That the Myanmar military has reason to defend itself against attacks by militant groups of the Rohingyas and to use them to attack other innocent civilians is against humanitarian values and is a violation of international law.
3. Call on the ruling Government of Myanmar that they should provide protection to ethnic Rohingyas and treat them as well as treatment of Myanmar citizens of other ethnic groups and resolve the conflict by promoting a humanitarian approach rather than a military approach that leads to more casualties .
4. Call upon the Rohingyas to raise their spirits and self-esteem as free human beings who have the same rights and duties as other Myanmar citizens and seek to build peace and away from the potential of treason which is often used as an excuse by the authorities to suppress the movements which is considered separatist. Earth wherever we are true is the property of Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala and Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala ordered to be prospered and guarded from destruction in any form.
5. Invite all Muslims to continue to build awareness about the importance of the unity of the ummah in a Jama’ah and repent to Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala over negligence so far against the fate of fellow Muslims and muster moral and material support to help Muslims who suffer in Myanmar and around the world and pray to Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala for the victory of Islam and Muslims, as well as the realization of world justice and peace.
6. Supports diplomatic steps which have been done by the Government of the Republic of Indonesia in implementing the mandate of the constitution, which is actively participate in the effort to bring world peace and liberation of the citizens of the world from all forms of colonialism and injustice on earth. Encouraging the Government of the Republic of Indonesia to intensively make persuasive efforts with various stakeholders so that the conflicts in Rohingya can be resolved peacefully and benefit all parties.
Bogor, 27 August 2017
Jama’ah Muslimin (Hizbullah)
Mi’raj News Agency (MINA)