Hebron, 5 Muharam 1435/8 November 2013 (MINA) – Israeli soldiers invaded various parts of the occupied West Bank, broke into and violently searched homes, and kidnapped five Palestinians.

   Local sources have reported that the army broke into the home of Zoheir Abu Meizer, in the southern West Bank city of Hebron, and kidnapped his sons Majed and Dia’. The soldiers violently searched the home causing property damage.

   Soldiers also violently attacked the two in front of their family, and searched the property for more than two hours. Internasional Middle East Media Center (IMEMC) reported as monitored by (MINA) Mi’raj News Agency, Saturday (9/11)

   Soldiers also invaded Beit Ummar town, near Hebron, broke into and searched several homes, and kidnapped two Palestinians.

Also Read:  Orthodox Patriarch: Zionist Extremists to Expel Christians from Holy Land

   Coordinator of the Popular Committee against the Wall and Settlements in Beit Ummar Mohammad Awad, said that the soldiers kidnapped Soheib Sa’dy Abu Maria, 24, after violently searched his home causing excessive property damage.

   The soldiers cuffed Abu Maria and took him, on foot, to the nearby illegal settlement of Karmie Tzur.

    Awad further stated that the soldiers also invaded several homes and searched them.

   Furthermore, dozens of soldiers invaded Kufur Dan village, west of the northern West Bank city of Jenin, and kidnapped Nidal Ahmad Salah, 30.

   Salah is a former political prisoner who spent seven years in Israeli prisons. He was moved to an unknown destination.

On the other hands, the family of Anas Fouad al-Atrash, who was shot dead by Israeli forces overnight Friday, rejects Israeli claims that he tried to stab a soldier, instead insisting he was assassinated in cold blood.

Also Read:  The Only Commercial Crossing with Gaza Closed by Israeli Occupation

Al-Atrash, 23, was shot dead at the Container checkpoint by Israeli border guards.

Israeli police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said the incident occurred around midnight, when a man ran at a border police officer with a knife, prompting him to open fire.

His family says Anas and his brother were on their way back from Jericho when he was stopped at the military checkpoint near Bethlehem.

Israeli forces asked him to get out of the car, before shooting him dead, they say.

“The Israeli army assassinated Anas after they forced him to get out of the car,” his family told Ma’an.

Ismail, his brother, was wounded in the incident and is being treated for shock in al-Ahli hospital. He says that his brother was assaulted before being shot dead by Israeli forces.


Palestinian security sources told Ma’an that the military liaison office will form a committee to investigate al-Atrash’s death.

They will ask Israel to check footage from security cameras positioned at the checkpoint.

Thousands of people will attend al-Atrash’s funeral after Friday prayers in Hebron.

Hours earlier, Israeli forces shot and killed a Palestinian man at the Zaatara checkpoint in southern Nablus.

The 20-year-old man from Nablus was shooting fireworks at Israeli soldiers, who responded by shooting the Palestinian to death, witnesses said.(T/P012/P04)

Mi’raj News Agency (MINA)


Comments: 0

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.