Gaza, MINA – Dozens of Gaza journalists protested against Israeli Zionist blockade that has lasted for 13 years on Wednesday, October 2.
Journalists from various media gathered at Saraya crossing in the center of Gaza City, marched to Beit Hanoun (Erez) checkpoint in the northern Gaza Strip, as quoted from the Palestinian Information Center (Palinfo) on Thursday.
The head of Government Information Office, Salameh Maarouf said in a statement that the event was held to call on Palestinian journalists to remain in their struggle against the unjust Israeli blockade.
“Today we raise our voices in connection with the Day of Palestinian journalists, to tell the Zionists to be responsible for all Palestinian disasters and misery so far,” Maarouf said.
Maarouf explained the effects of disaster caused by the blockade covered all aspects of life in the Gaza Strip, including journalists who were often attacked and deliberately targeted by the Israel Forces.
“Violations against journalists, including by preventing journalists from doing a reportage on students in the field,” he explained.
Maarouf blamed the international community for failing to protect Palestinians and journalists from Israeli soldier attacks and was unable to make a commitment to stop the attacks. (T/Sj/P2)
Mi’raj News Agency (MINA)