Gaza, MINA – Israeli warplanes attacked at least three targets in the Gaza Strip on Saturday morning, August 17 but caused no casualties.
The three targets hit a Hamas observation post in Beit Hanoun, northern Gaza Strip, then an unknown target near Gaza City and open ground near Deir El Balah.
According to Arabnews on Sunday from a Palestinian security source, the attack occurred after Hamas insurgents fired rockets from Gaza into southern Israel on Friday night.
An Israeli military statement said two Hamas underground rocket attacks were intercepted by Israel’s Iron Dome defense system after air raid sirens were heard in the southern city of Sderot and its surroundings.
The Israeli military said the rocket attack on southern Israel is the first since July 12.
Previously, the Palestinian Ministry of Health said 32 Palestinians were injured by direct fire by Israeli troops during the Great March of Return action on Friday along the Gaza border.
An Israeli military spokesman said around 5,600 people were demonstrating along the border.
The Great March of Return is being carried out along the border starting in March 2018 which has already taken place 70 times. At least 302 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli army fire. (T/Sj/P2)
Mi’raj News Agency (MINA)