Washington, MINA – The summit between US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in Hanoi, Vietnam on Thursday ended without any agreement.
However, US National Security Adviser John Bolton said in a statement in Washington on Sunday refused to call the Trump and Kim summit is a failure, the Anadolu Agency (AA) reported on Monday.
This is the second time a meeting between Trump and Kim. Previously, the two leaders of the countries had also met in Singapore in June last year, and produced a denuclearization agreement on the Korean Peninsula, even without further clarification.
“I don’t think we are in a worse condition than the previous meeting,” Bolton said.
He stressed that the full issue of denuclearization was a big problem and things that were less than and not acceptable.
“In discussions between President Trump and Kim Jong Un, the real problem is whether North Korea is ready to accept the offer (denuclearization) in full,” he said.
Previously, the US and North Korea were predicted to agree to establish a liaison office in their respective capitals. However, the second meeting was terminated suddenly, faster than the specified schedule.
The two leaders left the meeting location at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi at around 13:30 local time, only 4.5 hours after the talks began. (T/Sj/P2)
Mi’raj News Agency (MINA)