Nablus, MINA – Clashes broke out again between Palestinians and Israeli occupation forces in the village of Auref in Nablus, on Monday.
Secretary of the Auref Village Council, Adel Amer said the incident began after Palestinians from local residents responded to attacks from illegal Jewish settlers at dawn.
“Clashes broke out with Israeli occupation forces who deliberately protected the Jewish settlers,” he said as reported by Ramallah News and quoted by MINA.
The Israeli occupation forces deliberately released rubber-coated metal bullets and tear gas canisters, which caused dozens of residents to faint.
Amer added that Israeli occupation forces were also stationed near the secondary Uref school, and forbade students from approaching them, arguing the clashes were still ongoing.
Jewish settlers often attacked Palestinians, early last month dozens of Jewish settlers from illegal settlements Ramat Yeshai and Beit Hadasa attacked many houses at Tell Rumeida and Jalan Shuhadaa, terrorizing Palestinians and stone them.
Last October, a 48-year-old Palestinian mother was also victimized in an event of stone throwing by illegal settlers she brought with her husband in southern Nablus.
Aisha Muhammad Rabi suffered head injuries from stones thrown into his car, while her husband suffered minor injuries. (T/Sj/RS5)
Mi’raj News Agency (MINA)