Cairo, 1 Rajab 1436/19 April 2015 (MINA) –Egyptian foreign ministry has condemned what it called the “Iranian interference in the Yemeni crisis,” considering it “inappropriate and unacceptable,” Quds Press reported on Friday.
Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister’s Amir Hussain Abdullahian has called for Egypt to stop the “continuous massacre and expanding conflict in Yemen.” He also said: “It is unacceptable for Egypt to be part of such conflict.” Middle East Monitor (MEMO) quoted by Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA) as reporting.
Assistant Egyptian Foreign Minister for Asian Affairs Ambassador Yasser Murad said that the Abdullahian’s remarks on the situation in Yemen and the internal affairs of Egypt are “unacceptable” and a “contradict” the line of the relationship between the two countries.
“This expresses an unacceptable contradiction with the efforts being exerted by the Iranian official to improve relations between the two countries,” Murad said in a statement.
“This is retention of the unacceptable interference in the Arab affairs,” he continued. “However, the remarks came in the time when the Arab states are working to treat the negative repercussions of external interference.”
Earlier this week, Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah Al-Sisi confirmed that “Egypt is only participating in Operation Decisive Storm with air and naval forces,” in a speech at a military academy in the eastern Kafr al-Sheikh city. (T/P002/P3)
Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA)