Death Toll from Firecracker Factory Blast in Indonesia Rises to 47

Jakarta, MINA – The death toll from an explosion at a firecracker factory Thursday near the Indonesian capital rose to 47, police said.

“So far 47 bodies have been found,” said Jakarta police chief Idham Aziz. A total of 46 people were also reported injured.

All the victims were employees of the factory in Tangerang, just south-west of Jakarta, DPA reported, citing a local fire department official.

Police said in a statement that the bodies of the victims were charred beyond recognition. (T/RS5/RS1)

Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA)

Also Read:  Death Toll Rises to 27 in South Sulawesi Floods