SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT

Peace in Palestine = Peace in the World

ADVERTISEMENT

SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT

DEADLY GAS ‘USED 49 TIMES’ AFTER SYRIA UN RESOLUTION

Rudi Hendrik - Wednesday, 29 October 2014 - 20:02 WIB

Wednesday, 29 October 2014 - 20:02 WIB

380 Views ㅤ

GAS KIMIA
(Photo: AA)
(Photo: AA)

(Photo: AA)

London, 5 Muharram 1435/29 October 2014 (MINA) – The Syrian regime has used chemical gas 49 times in attacks spanning 17 regions during the last year, opposition activists have claimed.

The Syrian Network for Human Rights based in London said on Tuesday that attacks after Sept. 27 2013 – when the U.N. adopted a resolution to halt the use of chemical weapons during the conflict – have killed tens of people and injured more than 1,000.

The network said that in these attacks 16 civilians – including eight children and four women – plus seven hostages and 27 armed opposition fighters were killed, Anadolu Agency quoated by Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA) as reporting.

The SNHR says that more than 1,100 people have been affected by chemical gas.

Also Read: Qatar Condemns Israeli Airstrike on Gaza School and Medical Warehouse

Since Sept. 2013, the regime of Bashar al-Assad has attacked many regions in Damascus, Hama, Idlib, and Deraa etc, the SNHR added.

By adopting resolution 2118, the U.N. said it had determined that the use of chemical weapons anywhere constituted a threat to international peace and security.

“Specifically, the [U.N. Security] Council prohibited Syria from using, developing, producing, otherwise acquiring, stockpiling or retaining chemical weapons,” the United Nations said.

The Security Council resolution came after the Syrian regime killed around 1,400 people, including 400 children, in an August 2013 strike on Damascus suburbs in what became known as the biggest chemical attack of 21st century.

Also Read: US Airstrikes Target Multiple Locations in Yemen

More than 190,000 people have been killed in Syria since the conflict between the Assad regime and opposition forces began early 2011, according to U.N. figures published in August. (T/P001)

Mi’raj Islamic News Agency (MINA)

http://www.aa.com.tr/en/news/411703–deadly-gas-used-49-times-after-syria-un-resolution

Also Read: Over Two Million Israelis Seek Shelter as Missiles are Launched from Yemen

Recommendation for you

Middle East
Middle East
Middle East
Europe
Europe